national moment of silence 2014 (for victims of police brutality)
share the following:
- Other people’s cultures do not exist for white people to seek their spiritual enlightenment
- No one owes you an education, and initiation, or a history lesson simply because ‘you want’
- No one has to include you in things because ‘you want’
- No one has to hold their tongue, sweeten their words, or chop up sentences to make white people feel better about history- colonization, slavery, genocide, ect.
- No one should be ‘grateful’ to you for your interest in said culture
UGH LEAVE ME ALONE WITH ALL THIS CULTURAL APPROPRIATION BULLSHIT.
Or you could not act like a five year old and say “oops sorry my bad” and move on with your life like adults do when they mess up…
Oops my bad?? What bad have I done?? Please explain to me why I need to apologize??
you could easily grow up and google it but i got you lol here are some links you probably won’t click or read because you want to confirm your bias not actually learn. you’re not 3 years old. you know exactly why cornrows are appropriation and you know exactly why you wanted the hairstyle… no one’s saying you need to die or go to jail but you do need to be thinking critically about the politics of black people’s hair and hair styles and why it’s like cool or edgy to have cornrows for you while other people (black people) who created and popularized the hairstyle are held responsible in a different way— not cool, not edgy, not trendy— but a means of getting kicked out of school in elementary school, not allowed on university campuses, not hired for jobs, etc.
you’re wearing them because it’s edgy and trendy (don’t lie and say you aren’t i followed you for like 4 years now lmao you’re not that hard to figure out) but black people have different circumstances with hair with hairstyles that ARE THEIRS
- cornrows are banned at university because of the association with unprofessionalism on black bodies
- Racismschool’s “Why” of Cultural Appropriation
- [Our entire ‘cultural appropriation’ tag]
- A List Of Culture Appropriation Blogs
- Explanation of why it’s not okay to appropriate cultures
- Explanation of the cultural appropriation and degradation of the significance of Paisley
- Explanation of the cultural appropriation and degradation of significance of locks
- Explanation of why white girls that ‘twerk’ never have to face bigotry and discrimination that the Black creators of twerking do
- Chescaleigh has a fucking entire video
- Cultural appropriators need to understand ‘no’ just means no. Period
- Why you can’t just ‘appreciate’ my culture
why are you taking it as a personal attack that you need to be so defensive about instead of being like “ooh oops” and moving on with your life… like what
“I followed you for 4 years now, you aren’t that hard to figure out.”
It’s basically like beating a dead horse with these people. She doesn’t care. She’s asian, a POC, you think other POC care about solidarity and anti blackness.